Personality Assessments are an increasingly popular and powerful tool used for both individual evaluations and collective groups assessments.
Usually in the form of a questionnaire, personality assessments consist of a series of carefully measured questions and situational cases that are used to determine behavioral style, unique strengths and weaknesses, preferred workplace settings and common personal strategies.
Todd Millar is an authorized partner of DiSC®, the leading personal assessment tool used by more than 40 million people. Using the DiSC tools and philosophies, Todd has worked with hundreds of employers, leaders and team groups to improve work productivity, teamwork and communication.
Often used for hiring, performance reviews or promotion assessments, individual personality assessments are a popular tool used to measure personal behavior in various situations. While it doesn’t measure aptitude or intelligence, questions are carefully constructed around the following:
- Self-knowledge: how you respond to conflict, what motivates you, what causes you stress and how you solve problems
- Group communication strategies and how to minimize conflict
- Fostering constructive and creative group interactions
- How to develop stronger sales skills by identifying and responding to customer styles
- Managing more effectively by understanding the dispositions and priorities of employees and team members
Individual assessments also include leadership assessments that focus on executive members, managers and other governing members.
Using the individual assessments as a starting point, measurements on group assessments can then be collected with:
- Group Reports that measure group styles and culture
- Comparison Reports that show strengths, challenges and relationship behaviors between 2 people
- Facilitator Reports that summarize all data and describes all profiles of the group and how they compliment/oppose each other
- Group Culture Report that helps understand needs, goals, fears, emotions and behaviors within a group culture.
Visit our Resources page for downloadable brochures and handouts and learn more about the DiSC system and how it can work for you and your business.